Well in short: Yes
however as if often the case adobe air is not available in portage but Gentoo being Gentoo there is always a way.
A Solution was found which describes how to install the AIR SDK beta. now adobe air is currently in version 1.5 and while im not sure how the history works out but the links in the linked page were no longer correct, anyway, here is my (highly derivative) guide
- Download the Adobe AIR SDK from http://www.adobe.com/products/air/tools/sdk/
- Unpack the Downloaded Software:
Create a directory to store the SDK (for example /opt/air)
- Extract the AIR-SDK’s .tbz2 file in the directory you just created
tar jxvf /path/to/AdobeAIRSDK.tbz2
- Create another directory for Adobe AIR applications (for example /opt/air-apps)
- Download and Unpack an Adobe AIR Application (for example twirl-0.9.2.air)Create a sub-directory for the application. (for example /opt/air-apps/twirl)cd /opt/air-apps/application-name
- finally you can now use ADL to launch your application
/opt/air/bin/adl -nodebug /opt/air-apps/application-name/META-INF/AIR/application.xml /opt/air-apps/application-name
or for example
/opt/air/bin/adl -nodebug /opt/air-apps/twirl/META-INF/AIR/application.xml /opt/air-apps/twirl
Now you can enjoy your Adobe AIR applications!